Română (România)English (United Kingdom)Serbian

The Canons’ Houses – 10 Unirii Square

casele canonicilor smallCurrent name

“The Canons’ Houses” – for all four houses in the block

Address

10 Unirii Square

Dating

1758 – all four houses named today “The Canons’ Houses” (8, 9 ,10 and 11 Unirii Square) used to form a single building.  The unitary façade could still be seen in 1844.

Names and historical functions

1828 – the house at no. 10 was called “The Canons’ House”

Later, various businesses on the ground floor

Architectural style

The original façade was done in the Austrian Baroque style

Probably rebuilt after the 1849 siege in a Classicist style

Restored in 1980 by architect Şerban Sturdza

Uniqueness aspects

The Baroque style entrance surface, very well kept, is remarkable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Search the site

logo-engleza-1

Events

<<  December 2018  >>
 Mon  Tue  Wed  Thu  Fri  Sat  Sun 
     
      

Fotografii din Timișoara

Fotografii din Banat

Vremea

Clear

-1°C

Timișoara

Clear

Exchange rate

 

european-cities-marketing-logo

For information about the other programmes financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership of Romania in the European Union, please visit the website of the Representation of the European Commission in Romania.
The accuracy and the coherence of this website is the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Timisoara and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
ukash
elektronik sigara
elektronik sigara e sigara
elips c elektronik sigara
oyunlar oyna